No natural or man-made fiber possesses the virtues of 100% sheepskin. It is fur: leather skin on one side with wool fur on the other. It is cool in summer and warm in the winter. Its fibers breathe to act just like a natural thermostat for your body. These fibers are hollow, and can absorb up to 30% of their own weight in moisture without feeling wet, keeping you perfectly dry, regardless of the weather.
Ounce for ounce, sheepskin is stronger than steel. Your sheepskin items will last for years, with minimum care, by brushing and shaking them out or by vacuuming. Impossible to copy synthetically, sheepskin and it’s wool fibers offer an astounding list of natural qualities.
- Sheepskin wool does not shed, because it’s attached to the skin. It’s not woven and then brushed up, like wool pile fabric. Sheepskin wool is embedded into the leather.
- Naturally resists snags, tears, wrinkles, soiling and pilling.
- Drapes beautifully; never sags and retains shape.
- Is water resistant, static-free, flame resistant, and wind proof.
- Stays warm even when wet.
- Is a natural moisturizer due to the high content of lanolin in the wool.
- Sheepskin is washable – can be hand or gently machine-washed
Our sheepskin products come primarily from sheep that were raised for their food value and not their hides. Sheepskin is a recycled by-product and no endangered species skins are used in our products.
Sheepskin is dense, yet breathable. It is also soft, plush, and extremely durable….
Go Green with Eco Friendly Sheepskin
Sheepskin is an environmentally friendly alternative to man-made materials. Natural sheepskin is a…
What to consider when buying a Sheepskin Rug
When thinking about purchasing a sheepskin rug, there are some things you’ll…
About Medical Sheepskin
Medical sheepskin can work for people with various needs. It is great…
About Baby Sheepskin
Sheepskin is soothing to babies, especially once they get used to it….
About Shearling Sheepskin
Shearling sheepskin is used in many ways, for many different purposes, it’s…
Why Choose Shearling Sheepskin Slippers?
Shearling sheepskin slippers are not only stylish and cozy; they also come…
Why Choose Shearling Sheepskin Gloves?
Shearling sheepskin gloves and mittens are the ultimate combination of fashion and…
Why Choose a Shearling Sheepskin Hat?
Shearling sheepskin has excellent benefits that shine through when put to use in apparel….