10:11 pm on Wednesday, December 17th, 2014
Wool is a natural fiber that has some very unique properties, which makes it an amazing natural fiber. Wool is used in making many clothing items. Boots, gloves, hats and slippers are just some of the items made with wool. This fiber has such incredible properties that it warrants a list to showcase all its amazing benefits.
- Wool is resistant to fire due to its high inflammation point. Also, the fiber contains high levels of moisture which helps to self extinguish the fire. This makes it a very safe natural fiber to have in your home.
- It helps to regulate your body temperature to keep you warm in winter or cool in the summer.
- Breathability is one of the strongest benefits of wool. It can absorb your body moisture and release it back into the air, keeping you dry and comfortable.
- Wool makes a great investment since it tends outlast synthetic fibers. Wool will resist snagging and breaking which makes it an extremely durable fiber.
- Get a better sleep, when you sleep on or under wool. This seems to be due to its unique temperature regulating and moisture absorption abilities, plus the texture of wool. This is why sheepskin blankets are popular as they give you a great sleep and look amazing.
- Wool is more comfortable than other fibers due to its elasticity. This is due to its natural crimp which allows it to bend and then spring back into place.
- Water resistance is another important benefit, which makes it perfect for outdoor wear.
Now you know some of the astounding qualities of wool and how it can enhance your life with comfort and practical benefits.
4:19 pm on Thursday, December 11th, 2014
Medical grade sheepskins can do wonders for your quality of life, due to their amazing properties. There are many very real and practical benefits to this very special grade of sheepskin. Most people know that its hypoallergenic which helps to reduce allergic reactions. However, there are many other incredible benefits that may not be as well known. Here is a list of some of those amazing benefits.
- Sleeping on sheepskins can reduce the risk of getting bed sores, due to the ability of wool to redistribute pressure points. The sheepskin will also help to prevent the build up of skin moisture due to its amazing ability to wick moisture away.
- Eczema is another condition that can be helped due to wool’s ability to absorb moisture and prevent bacterial growth.
- Medical grade sheepskins used for your feet, can help with diabetes, as the sheepskin will help to increase blood circulation and keeps your feet warm.
- Back pain and various body aches can be helped with sheepskin, due to its natural cushioning ability. The air flows through the natural wool fibers, which creates a natural air cushion.
- The lanolin that naturally occurs in sheepskins will leave your skin feeling luxuriously soft, which greatly increases your level of comfort.
There are so many astounding benefits to medical grade sheepskins, that they make a good investment for everybody.
3:19 pm on Thursday, December 4th, 2014
Sheepskin rugs are not only very soft and cozy for babies, but they also have some real strong benefits. They combine practicality with comfort, which gives babies a relaxing and luxurious sleep. The wool is very soothing and comforting which is similar to a parent’s loving arms. Here is a list of some amazing benefits that babies can enjoy from sheepskin rugs.
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic which helps to reduce allergic reactions.
- Natural wool offer offers a tremendous breathing ability which allows it to wick away sweat and help regulate your baby’s body temperature. This will help keep your baby warm in winter and cool in the summer.
- Wool naturally has lanolin which is a fantastic natural moisturizer and is gentle on the baby’s skin.
- Due to wool’s amazing breathing and absorbency abilities it will help to prevent diaper rash. It does this by reducing the amount of moisture pressing against your baby’s skin.
- Wool is naturally flame resistant which adds another layer of safety for your baby.
- Due to the lanolin in wool it is antibacterial and self cleaning, which keeps your baby cleaner.
- Sheepskin will not give off an electrical charge like synthetic fibers. This is because it absorbs the static electricity caused by friction.
- Sheepskin rugs give your baby a superior level of sleep comfort because of wool’s natural crimp in their fibers. This gives a springy level of support that will cradle your baby as they sleep.
Now you know the amazing benefits of sheepskin rugs that can give your baby a good nights sleep and protect their skin as well.
7:54 pm on Monday, June 9th, 2014
British photographer John Rankin, was one of many fashion experts to be infatuated by this sheepskin creation from Kingston University Student Lauren Lake.
During Graduate Fashion Week, Rankin — famous for photographing the Queen, Madoanna, and Kate Moss — sent his top assistant Trisha Ward to capture this image of her reversible pink sheepskin coat.
12:00 pm on Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
The great thing about a sheepskin rug is that it can be used in so many ways. One of our favorite looks is to have it draped over a chair. It makes it that much comfier to relax on while reading a book or sipping on a cup of tea. And it truly brings a new level of chic into the room.
We love the way the sheepskin looks thrown over a round, basket-like chair like in the photos below. Why not try out this look in your home.
12:32 pm on Monday, April 28th, 2014
Among the variety of decor trends, one common element that will never take away from the overall look of a room is a sheepskin rug. If anything, a good sheepskin rug can pull the entire vibe together.
In this industrial style home, the Four Pelt Sheepskin Rug beside the bed really is the missing piece to the puzzle. With the stormy yet soft cloud mural in the background, the pillow-like textures of the sheepskin rug resemble the downy appearance of the clouds seen behind it.
Try adding a sheepskin rug beside your bed too add a dreamy feel to your room.
11:54 am on Monday, March 24th, 2014
This Hollywood Hills home to actress Katie Tarses and TV writer and producer Matt Tarses, is not only a Spanish-style sanctuary, but it’s actually centered around a huge solarium.
Not only is the structure stunning, but the eclectic accents seen throughout the house have a luxurious yet boho vibe to the decor.
Sheepskin rugs are scattered from room to room, showing us just how easy it is to add a dash of sheepskin anywhere in your home.
12:29 pm on Monday, February 24th, 2014
In Torres del Paine, Chile, you will find the Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa with its most exquisite architecture and sheepskin decor.
This world famous hotel offers unique relaxation in these hanging pod like chairs draped with sheepskin.
With a lake and mountain view, all rooms are decorated with authentic Patagonian and Sheepskin details, giving the rooms warmth and coziness.
The hotels palette of wood, leather and wool seem soothing and ooze extreme comfort–it really is simple luxury at its finest.
12:00 pm on Monday, February 17th, 2014
Throw a sheepskin rug on top of your bed for a fab and unique look. Our rugs have a Durable Leather Underside with Sheep Fur Topside, making them versatile from a floor rug to a blanket.
12:38 pm on Monday, February 10th, 2014
In the spirit of the Sochi Olympics–whether you’ll be watching from home, enjoying from the sidelines in Russia, or just feeling festive–we thought, what better way to participate than to wear a Russian style Sheepskin Hat!
While Russian hat styling is famous worldwide, the Russian Cossack and Ushanka hats are among two of the most popular.
Russian Cossack hat styling has been seen worn by various Cossack hosts since the 13th century, who have inhabited the areas known now as the Ukraine and Russia. The hat is also associated with the military and their strict hierarchy.
Check out our authoritative Mouton Sheepskin Russian Cossack Hat.
The Russian Ushanka hat is also known as a Trooper hat. The trademark ear flaps can be tied up to the crown of the hat, around the back of the hat, or under the chin. This Russian hat style was designed for military use, and worn by soldiers of the Scandinavian, Russian, and German army’s to protect themselves from the cold northern climate.
Try our Yukon Russian Ushanka Hat on for size. It is sure to keep you warm out in the cold.
And for a completely different look with that same Russian Ushanka Trooper hat styling, take a look at our Frosted Brown Shearling Sheepskin Russian Hat. The smooth napa leather finish is attractive and durable.
Rest assured you won’t be limited to just those three exquisite Russian inspired designs, take a look at all of our Sheepskin Hats to find your perfect style!