3:52 pm on Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Wool area rugs have many benefits over wall to wall carpeting. While carpeting can be nice, its not easy to replace and it takes more cleaning due to it being much larger than an area rug. We will explore some of the benefits of area rugs and in particular wool area rugs.
- Change the look and feel of any room very quickly with a new area rug. You can easily find an area rug that matches the color of some new furniture you bought or just change the look of your room.
- Wool area rugs are very resilient due to wool being naturally springy. This allows the fibers to recover very quickly from indents by furniture. Also, it will allow the area rug to look fresh and new for much longer.
- Wool is very stain resistant, which keeps your area rugs cleaner. Wool has a coating of natural lanolin which helps to stop dirt and stains from penetrating the wool and leaves any soiling near the surface. This makes area rug cleaning very easy.
- Wool is very flame resistant making it a safe choice for any room.
- Wool area rugs come in many beautiful styles and colors, giving you huge flexibility to match up a rug with your room’s style.
- Due to wool’s natural crimps, this causes the fibers to be naturally springy, which makes these area rugs very comfortable for walking.
Go ahead and explore the unmatched beauty and comfort that comes from wool area rugs. These rugs will provide you with many years of comfort and beauty for any room.
3:28 pm on Thursday, January 22nd, 2015
Wool is an amazing natural fiber that has many great qualities that make it a very useful and beautiful fiber. However, not all wool is the same, as there is quite a variation in the quality that is sold. This is why the price can vary so much as some wool will be of higher quality and thus worth more. There are many factors that determine the quality of this fiber and thus it’s value. Here is a list of some those factors.
- The fiber diameter of wool is the single most important factor that determines quality and price. Generally, merino wool is the highest quality wool because of its fineness which creates a very soft fiber. Simply put, the finer the wool is, the more valuable it is.
- Uniformity of the fiber diameter is another factor. The more uniform the this fiber is, the higher value it has.
- The color of wool is also very important to its value. Wool that is white or off-white can accept a wider variety of dyes that are used in making various fabrics.
- Staple strength determines the fibers ability to withstand the production process. The higher the staple strength, the less waste that is produced.
There are some other factors as well, but here you have some of the main qualities that determines the value. Wool is truly an amazing fiber with its moisture absorption abilities and being very breathable. Go ahead and enjoy this valuable and very practical fiber.
4:01 pm on Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Winter may be cold and uncomfortable, but due to the marvels of sheepskin, you can take the bite out of winter’s cold with various sheepskin clothing accessories. Sheepskin is breathable and very warm, making it the perfect fiber for staying warm all winter. Here are some sheepskin fashion ideas to help you tackle winter’s cold.
- Sheepskin coats are a great choice to help keep out winter’s biting cold. They are stylish and are very warm due to the combination of the sheepskin exterior and wool interior.
- Sheepskin gloves are the perfect accessory to go with your coat, as they are stylish but very functional. These gloves are naturally breathable which keeps your hands warm, without sweating.
- Sheepskin hats are a needed option, due to the heat loss that occurs from having your head exposed to the cold. Once again, due to the marvels of wool’s breathable and moisture absorption abilities, your hat will keep you dry and warm.
- Stay warm around the house with sheepskin slippers as they are very warm and cozy. Also, due to wool’s amazing properties, these slippers will keep your feet dry and help to reduce foot odor. An added bonus to sheepskin slippers is that they have anti-bacterial qualities which helps to heal foot sores.
- For the final touch, get some sheepskin boots, as they will keep your feet warm and dry. Wool is excellent at moisture absorption, so this will prevent sweat build up in your boots.
Now you can get out and enjoy winter in warmth and comfort, knowing that these fashion accessories will protect you all winter.
3:31 pm on Thursday, January 8th, 2015
Sheepskin is a very trendy and fashionable item to help you stay stylish and keep you warm all winter long. However, sheepskin has many other unique and interesting facts that make it an important industry. Here is a list of some facts about sheepskin and wool.
- Sheep are produced in all 50 U.S. states, with the highest sheep producing states being west of the Mississippi river. This is where the larger ranches are located.
- Wool is the world’s leading natural animal fiber.
- Texas had the largest number of lambs as of January 1, 2014 at 740,000
- U.S. sheep farmers produce a dual purpose animal that is valued for both its meat and wool.
- The top 5 wool producing countries are: Australia, China, New Zealand, Russia and Argentina.
- Some interesting uses of wool are: can be used to make insulation, hand made rugs, tennis balls, bedding products and cleanup pads for oil and chemical spills.
- Wool is a very fire resistant fiber due to its very high ignition temperature point of 570 – 600 degrees Celsius. Also there are other unique properties of wool that create fire resistance, such as its high nitrogen and water content, and its self extinguishing properties.
- The 2010 U.S. economic impact of lamb and wool, various meat and sheep cheese was $786 million.
- Sheep’s milk is very nutritious and is richer in vitamins A, B and E, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium than cow’s milk.
- In 2011 there were 1.04 billion head of sheep in the world.
Now you know more about this industry and have some amazing facts about sheepskin and wool.
7:09 pm on Tuesday, December 30th, 2014
Wool is an amazing fiber but needs to be cleaned correctly to avoid doing damage. Also, due to the self cleaning properties of wool it does not need to be cleaned as frequently as man made materials. They often only require a deep cleaning once or twice per year. Here is some general cleaning advice to keep in mind when dealing with wool items.
- Remove soil and dust from garments by brushing lengthwise with a garment brush.
- Treat stains immediately, which helps to prevent them from setting. When cleaning a stain, use a clean, white cloth to blot as much of the stain as possible. Do not rub, but always blot the stain. Rubbing can create a bigger stain as you spread the stain due to the rubbing.
- You can do hand washing using a special wool detergent which is a mild detergent. Do not use bleach because it could ruin your wool.
- Dry the wool by laying it on a flat surface. Hanging wool could stretch the material due to the weight of the water that was soaked into the fibers.
- Do not put wool in the dryer as this could cause shrinkage.
So there you have some basic advice on how to care for your wool items. This natural fiber has so many amazing and practical benefits, that it’s important to properly care for your wool to keep it lasting a long time.
4:35 pm on Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014
Wool is a very amazing natural fiber that can be used for so many purposes. Most people are aware of how its used for various clothing items, but its use goes well beyond just clothing. Lets take a look at some of these very unique uses:
- Wool is an ideal natural mulch for your trees or shrubs. It is porous and cooling for plants, yet is resistant to weeds.
- Audio insulation in amplifiers and speakers can be done with wool. This is due to its great ability to reduce sound transfer, vibrations and its natural heat resistance.
- Sheepskin wool can used for dog beds, as they find them cozy and are amazing at absorbing moisture. This will dramatically reduce odor causing bacteria.
- Due to wool’s strong fire resistance, it makes a perfect material for lamp shades, which helps to keep your home safer from fire.
- Wool can be used for a wide variety of medical uses. It can be used for medical grade sheepskin pads to help prevent bed sores, and used to protect feet from friction.
- Bricks reinforced with wool and seaweed are less toxic and stronger than regular bricks.
- Wool is very useful when oil spills occur. Pads made with wool are used to help soak up the oil.
There are many more products made as well, such as tennis ball covers, pool table baize and hanging basket liners. So go out and get your wool products, as they are natural and better for you.
10:11 pm on Wednesday, December 17th, 2014
Wool is a natural fiber that has some very unique properties, which makes it an amazing natural fiber. Wool is used in making many clothing items. Boots, gloves, hats and slippers are just some of the items made with wool. This fiber has such incredible properties that it warrants a list to showcase all its amazing benefits.
- Wool is resistant to fire due to its high inflammation point. Also, the fiber contains high levels of moisture which helps to self extinguish the fire. This makes it a very safe natural fiber to have in your home.
- It helps to regulate your body temperature to keep you warm in winter or cool in the summer.
- Breathability is one of the strongest benefits of wool. It can absorb your body moisture and release it back into the air, keeping you dry and comfortable.
- Wool makes a great investment since it tends outlast synthetic fibers. Wool will resist snagging and breaking which makes it an extremely durable fiber.
- Get a better sleep, when you sleep on or under wool. This seems to be due to its unique temperature regulating and moisture absorption abilities, plus the texture of wool. This is why sheepskin blankets are popular as they give you a great sleep and look amazing.
- Wool is more comfortable than other fibers due to its elasticity. This is due to its natural crimp which allows it to bend and then spring back into place.
- Water resistance is another important benefit, which makes it perfect for outdoor wear.
Now you know some of the astounding qualities of wool and how it can enhance your life with comfort and practical benefits.
4:19 pm on Thursday, December 11th, 2014
Medical grade sheepskins can do wonders for your quality of life, due to their amazing properties. There are many very real and practical benefits to this very special grade of sheepskin. Most people know that its hypoallergenic which helps to reduce allergic reactions. However, there are many other incredible benefits that may not be as well known. Here is a list of some of those amazing benefits.
- Sleeping on sheepskins can reduce the risk of getting bed sores, due to the ability of wool to redistribute pressure points. The sheepskin will also help to prevent the build up of skin moisture due to its amazing ability to wick moisture away.
- Eczema is another condition that can be helped due to wool’s ability to absorb moisture and prevent bacterial growth.
- Medical grade sheepskins used for your feet, can help with diabetes, as the sheepskin will help to increase blood circulation and keeps your feet warm.
- Back pain and various body aches can be helped with sheepskin, due to its natural cushioning ability. The air flows through the natural wool fibers, which creates a natural air cushion.
- The lanolin that naturally occurs in sheepskins will leave your skin feeling luxuriously soft, which greatly increases your level of comfort.
There are so many astounding benefits to medical grade sheepskins, that they make a good investment for everybody.
3:19 pm on Thursday, December 4th, 2014
Sheepskin rugs are not only very soft and cozy for babies, but they also have some real strong benefits. They combine practicality with comfort, which gives babies a relaxing and luxurious sleep. The wool is very soothing and comforting which is similar to a parent’s loving arms. Here is a list of some amazing benefits that babies can enjoy from sheepskin rugs.
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic which helps to reduce allergic reactions.
- Natural wool offer offers a tremendous breathing ability which allows it to wick away sweat and help regulate your baby’s body temperature. This will help keep your baby warm in winter and cool in the summer.
- Wool naturally has lanolin which is a fantastic natural moisturizer and is gentle on the baby’s skin.
- Due to wool’s amazing breathing and absorbency abilities it will help to prevent diaper rash. It does this by reducing the amount of moisture pressing against your baby’s skin.
- Wool is naturally flame resistant which adds another layer of safety for your baby.
- Due to the lanolin in wool it is antibacterial and self cleaning, which keeps your baby cleaner.
- Sheepskin will not give off an electrical charge like synthetic fibers. This is because it absorbs the static electricity caused by friction.
- Sheepskin rugs give your baby a superior level of sleep comfort because of wool’s natural crimp in their fibers. This gives a springy level of support that will cradle your baby as they sleep.
Now you know the amazing benefits of sheepskin rugs that can give your baby a good nights sleep and protect their skin as well.
7:54 pm on Monday, June 9th, 2014
British photographer John Rankin, was one of many fashion experts to be infatuated by this sheepskin creation from Kingston University Student Lauren Lake.
During Graduate Fashion Week, Rankin — famous for photographing the Queen, Madoanna, and Kate Moss — sent his top assistant Trisha Ward to capture this image of her reversible pink sheepskin coat.