No natural or man-made fiber possesses the virtues of 100% sheepskin. It is fur: leather skin on one side with wool fur on the other. It is cool in summer and warm in the winter. Its fibers breathe to act just like a natural thermostat for your body. These fibers are hollow, and can absorb up to 30% of their own weight in moisture without feeling wet, keeping you perfectly dry, regardless of the weather.
Ounce for ounce, sheepskin is stronger than steel. Your sheepskin items will last for years, with minimum care, by brushing and shaking them out or by vacuuming. Impossible to copy synthetically, sheepskin and it’s wool fibers offer an astounding list of natural qualities.
- Sheepskin wool does not shed, because it’s attached to the skin. It’s not woven and then brushed up, like wool pile fabric. Sheepskin wool is embedded into the leather.
- Naturally resists snags, tears, wrinkles, soiling and pilling.
- Drapes beautifully; never sags and retains shape.
- Is water resistant, static-free, flame resistant, and wind proof.
- Stays warm even when wet.
- Is a natural moisturizer due to the high content of lanolin in the wool.
- Sheepskin is washable – can be hand or gently machine-washed
Our sheepskin products come primarily from sheep that were raised for their food value and not their hides. Sheepskin is a recycled by-product and no endangered species skins are used in our products.
We only sell new products and take great pride in what we sell. Each product has a clear indication as to what type of material is used and we only use authentic fur, sheepskin and some faux fur. The materials used in a product will be clearly indicated on the product name and description.
Our stock on the website is real time, so whatever is available may be purchased. When we receive new stock we put it on the website immediately for purchase. Please check the website and as soon as available feel free to place your order.
If an item is sold out or out of stock there will be an expected arrival date on the product page if we are expecting more stock.
All sizes we offer are shown in the sizing drop down menu on the product page; if your size is not available there will be an expected date of when it will be in stock. If there is no expected date it means that product is most likely not available in that size
Contact us to find out about custom sizing on a specific item.
- Custom sizing is only available on a select few items. Please call our customer support line or send us an email to ask if an item you wish to order is available for custom sizing.
- Sheepskins natural fibers move with your body eliminating irritating pressure points allowing for a much more comfortable sleep.
- Medical sheepskin rugs are great for an underlay on your bed for added comfort. It is however mainly used for people who are bed ridden and tend to get bed sores while laying in the same spot for a lengthy period of time. Sheepskins natural fibers move with your body eliminating irritating pressure points allowing for a much more comfortable sleep.
- Standard long hair sheepskin rugs have a pile height of 2-3 inches.
- All measurement information including pile height on our sheepskin rugs should be listed on the product page. Standard long hair sheepskin rugs have a pile height of 2-3 inches. If you do not see this information on a product page, simply contact our customer service department or send us an email for further information.