Incredible benefits of sleeping on wool
Wool has many benefits, but some of the best benefits are when you sleep on wool bedding. Since we spend so much time sleeping, it makes sense to invest in items that can help us sleep better. Here is a list of some of those amazing benefits.
- There have been studies done that show your heart rate lowers when you sleep on wool as compared to synthetic materials, which results in a deeper sleep. It breathes better than synthetics and helps to increase periods of deep rem sleep.
- Wool is therapeutic as it can help prevent bed sores and provides great comfort for anyone who spends a long time in bed.
- Wool is an amazing insulator as its warm in the winter and cool in the summer, because it breathes with your skin. This helps regulate your body temperature all year long.
- Due to wool’s natural springiness it provides excellent support to help relieve pressure points and muscle aches. Also, people who suffer from fibromyalgia, arthritis and rheumatism can get relief due to the natural cushioned softness from wool.
- An added benefit of wool is that it is naturally very flame resistant so it helps to provide a safer sleep. It is also used in mattresses to have them meet fire safety codes without using toxic chemical flame retardants.
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic which lets people with chemical sensitivities sleep without suffering if the wool is untreated.
- Dust-mite allergens are a leading trigger for asthma attacks, but dust mites need moisture to survive, and since wool is excellent at wicking away moisture, they don’t like wool. Other types of bedding, such as down, feathers, or synthetic materials are more of a haven for dust mites.
Sleep is a huge part of our lives and crucial for good health, so it is very important to get a great nights sleep. Let wool be nature’s natural answer to help give you the perfect sleep.