About Baby Sheepskin
Sheepskin is soothing to babies, especially once they get used to it. Sheepskin has benefits that no other material can provide. It can help babies fall asleep faster and stay asleep throughout the night.
What is Baby Sheepskin?Baby sheepskin is Sanitized®. This process ensures that the highest standard of quality and safety is met. This process is approved for use in baby wear products by Oeko-Tex standard 100. It has antibacterial qualities that give the product a longer life, and prevents odors. This process is known for comfort, cleanliness and reducing fiber loss. Reducing fiber loss is extremely important when it comes to producing a sheepskin for your baby; this makes it much safer for a baby. The process uses no pesticides, no organic tin compounds, no azo dyestuffs, no heavy metals, and no chlorinated chemicals. It is also free of vegetable matter and other foreign material.
Benefits of Baby Sheepskin
Conforms to bodySheepskin fibers are soft and springy, which allows sheepskin to conform to the shape of a baby's body. This increases blood flow and is very comfortable to provide a great sleep.
Regulates body temperatureIt can also regulate body temperature because of its extraordinary breathability. Sheepskin has hollow fibers, which increase air flow. This means your baby will stay warm without overheating.
Improves health of skin while reducing excess moistureSheep skin is able to release moisture into the air at a faster rate than other materials. Sheepskin is able to absorb 33% of its own weight in water without feeling moist. This helps to limit rashes and irritated skin. Lanolin in wool helps to improve the health of baby’s skin.
Self-cleaning, hypoallergenic and antibacterialSheepskin is naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic. When left to air out lanolin acts as a self cleaning agent. It also absorbs static electricity caused by friction: no shocks.
Reduces chances of developing asthmaA study in Germany found that sleeping on natural sheepskin can reduce incidents of asthma in babies up to 79%. Microbes found in sheepskin are presumed to protect against the development of asthma.
A better sleep for you and your babyResearch has shown that babies are more content, cry less and sleep more soundly when sleeping on natural sheepskin. Sheepskin is portable, so you can bring your baby sheepskin anywhere. This means that your baby will have a familiar feeling when resting their head. If they stay the night at a babysitter’s, or grandma & grandpa’s house; they 'll feel right at home. Your baby will get a good sleep and your babysitter will thank you.
Why Parents Love Baby Sheepskins?
- Made from 100% Genuine Australian Sheepskin
- High Quality Baby Grade Lambskin
- Sheepskin is safe, soft and cozy
- Lambswool side sheared to a uniform length
- Natural material
- Does not shed
- Trimmed short for a velvety finish
- Short wool is easy to maintain
- No toxic or harmful chemical are used in the processing
- Only the finest skins from New Zealand & Australian sheep
- No genetically engineered material used
- Warm in cool temperatures
- Breathable: does not overheat
- Absorbs moisture to keep dry
- Soothing wool helps babies fall asleep faster and and stay asleep longer
- Wool is antibacterial, sanitary and hypoallergenic
- Flame resistant
- Use in cribs, bassinets, on floor, strollers, playpen
- Ivory Medical Sheepskin rugs are machine washable up to 38? / 100? with enzyme and bleach free detergent