- Personal Information. “Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address or any other information that can be used to identify an or about an identifiable individual. It includes information about any products you may elect to purchase from Sheepskin Town on this web site, credit information, billing records and service matters. Personal information is collected by Sheepskin Town only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it us such as when you choose to make a purchase from Sheepskin Town on this web site.
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information. When you browse through this web site, you do so anonymously. Sheepskin Town does not collect personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us by interacting with the site, submit an inquiry to us or purchase one of our products available for sale online. Our servers automatically log information about visits to this web site in the normal course of establishing and maintaining web connections. The server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, time and duration of visit and web sites visited. We collect this information so that we may continuously improve our web site content. These statistics are reported in aggregate form only. We do not link server log information to any other data in a way that would enable us to identify individual visitors.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information. Sheepskin Town collects and uses personal information you may voluntarily provide for a range of purposes. These include determining your eligibility for products; providing you with information regarding the products or services you have directly or indirectly indicated are or may be of interest to you; to communicate with you about any products you may have purchased or are interested in purchasing; to understand and assess your ongoing needs and offer products or services to meet those needs; for billing or accounting purposes relating to our products or services; to share or exchange reports and information with credit reporting agencies, credit bureaus and any other person, firm, corporation or entity to verify the accuracy of personal information; and to provide you with information related to other products or services. If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from Sheepskin Town, you always have the option to change your mind by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link. Sheepskin Town may also contact you from time to time to conduct market research and surveys in an effort to continually improve our products or service offerings (unless you have previously indicated that you do not wish to participate).
Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to Sheepskin Town obtaining your prior consent for such use.
- Release of Personal Information. Unless you specifically authorize Sheepskin Town to release your personal information or release is required or permitted by law, Sheepskin Town will not sell, lease or trade your personal information to other third parties. Anonymous or “non-personal” information gathered by Sheepskin Town through your use of our world wide web site may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes. Information collected through surveys, existing files and public archives may be used by Sheepskin Town to analyze our product offerings, target market and to develop or enhance Sheepskin Town future product or service offerings.
We are not in the business of selling customer lists or personal information to others. In providing our services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to other service providers or agents (for example, to insurance agents, delivery companies or claims adjusters).
As Sheepskin Town continues to develop and grow, we may buy or sell parts of our business. As part of our business necessarily involves customer relationships, information regarding the particular accounts, products or services being purchased or sold could include personal information and be one of the business assets being transferred to a third party.
- Informed Consent. Sheepskin Town will only ask for personal information about you that our company needs and will only ask for it when it is needed. When Sheepskin Town asks you for the information, we will explain to you why such information is needed and what we are going to do with it. Sheepskin Town will seek your prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information as required by applicable privacy legislation. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you. You may also withdraw your consent to any further collection, use or disclosure of information about you at any time by giving us reasonable notice. If our intended disclosures or uses of information change, Sheepskin Town will notify you accordingly. Sheepskin Town will not use your personal information for any other purpose without your consent.
- Accuracy. Sheepskin Town will try to ensure that information about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you have questions about the accuracy of factual information Sheepskin Town has collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. We will rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email in this regard in the “Contact us” link on our web site.
- Security. Our web site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, Sheepskin Town will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information.
- Links to Other Web Sites. Our web site contains links to other web sites. Sheepskin Town is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other web sites and expressly disclaims all liability associated with your use of and the content of such other sites.
- Access. If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or if you simply want to know whether Sheepskin Town has any of your personal information on file, you may contact Sheepskin Town. Except in limited circumstances, as specifically provided by applicable privacy legislation, Sheepskin Town can tell you whether we hold personal information about you. Sheepskin Town will only refuse access to information about you in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation. If Sheepskin Town refuses access to you, we will provide you with the reasons for its refusal upon request. Exceptions may include information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Sheepskin Town will respond to your requests for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
Ten Principles of Fair Information Practices.
- Identifying Purpose. Sheepskin Town will identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by Sheepskin Town must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
- Consent. Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation.
- Limiting Collection. Sheepskin Town will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Sheepskin Town. Personal information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use; Disclosure and Retention. Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy. Personal information will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards. Personal information will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness. Sheepskin Town will make readily available to you specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access. Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information except where Sheepskin Town is permitted or required by law not to disclose such personal information. You will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed and have it amended as appropriate.